Mr. Bill's Adventureland
written by Trecision
modified ( in blue or red ) and converted into HTML format by Mr. Bill
Game produced (2001) by Trecision and Published in the Americas (2002) by Got Game Entertainment
Note: The two numbers within brackets after each action indicate the time increment and the game time when the action is successfully performed. The game is not timed. The time changes only after the player has either entered a certain area or performed a particular action within the game.
Most actions can be performed with both characters, but in this solution we have described the actions to take with Darrel or Victoria, to beat the game in the shortest time.
- It is 9:00 AM.
- Take the lift downstairs
- Go outside to the gardens, near the green house. The door to the gardens is located near Jude in the swimming pool area.
- The Greenhouse explodes (+20 9:20 AM)
- Go to look at the WELL and try to take the cover off (Raul comes to stop you)
- Take the PLASTIC BOTTLE Raul throws into the bin To get the plastic bottle: Left Click on the trash bin. Darrel should now be standing to the left of the bin and facing toward the well. Go into first person mode (spacebar), then use the down arrow key to see into the bin. If you can't see the bottle yet then lean forward (shift key + forward [or up] arrow key), and then use the down arrow key again. repeat this until you can see the bottle at the bottom of the bin. Right click on the bottle.
- Go to the swimming pool.
- Try to open the old wooden door. It's locked but Greta comes out (to enable the "Old Wing" conversation item)
- Talk to Jude about Carla Hoffman, and then about "Carla's private life".
It's a good idea to use this time to explore the Castle and grounds before anything more happens. Also all of the inhabitants should now be at the Castle, so find each one and talk to them about all available subjects so that you can begin to get an idea of what is going on. You get basically the same information using both Darrel and Victoria, but may pick up something additional using one or the other on certain subjects (they'll usually tell you if the other one should ask the question). At this time we found the Administrator Anderson in his office on the 2nd floor (up the stairs from the kitchen), his wife Jude by the swimming pool, the old Caretaker Henry in his house on the garden grounds, Raul the Gardener working near the Mausoleum in the garden, the Supervisor Greta up the stairs from Anderson's office area in the Lounge, Carla the maid on the 4th Floor, and Stephen the Cook in the kitchen. Note that new subject lines will be added to talk about as the game progresses (they'll appear in white if you haven't talked about them with that character), so you will want to keep checking. Also note that scroll arrows will appear to the right if there are more subjects to talk about than can fit in the subject box. Also make sure you periodically read the Log in your PDA (especially after learning something new or something unusual happening) because it may give a clue as to what to do next.
- Go to the dining room
- Take the CLOCK KEY hanging on the small clock
- Take a KNIFE from the cupboard
- Go to the cellar Take the elevator located on the ground floor between the guest bathroom and the swimming pool.
- Take a BOTTLE OF WINE
- In the laundry USE the PLASTIC BOTTLE with the DETERGENT DISPENSER located between the washing machines (+10 9:30 AM)
- Darrel and Victoria go to the kitchen In first person, look at the keys hanging on the peg on the wall
- Talk to Stephen about "Past life as a sailor"
- USE the BOTTLE OF WINE with the COOK (Victoria must be in the room too)
- Now Victoria has the KEYS that were hanging on the peg on the wall (+15 9:45 AM)
- Have Darrell get the keys from Victoria
- Go to the basement again, to the boiler room
- Open the door with the KEYS
- Switch off the pump at the control panel
- USE the KNIFE with one of the FILTERS
- USE the DETERGENT in the bottle with the just opened FILTER
- Close the FILTER
- Switch the pump on again (+15 10:00 AM)
- Go to the swimming pool, now emptied thanks to Raul
- Take the BRACELET at the bottom (+15 10:15 AM)
- Get the BRACELET from Darrel. (Hit the Tab key to view Victoria's Inventory. Click on any item in her inventory and Victoria's name will appear above her inventory. Now click on her name and it will change to Darrel and show his inventory underneath. If you click on the bracelet, it will disappear from Darrel's inventory. Now click on Darrel's name and it will switch back to Victoria and her inventory. Notice that the bracelet is now in her inventory.)
- Find Carla (between 9:20 AM & 12:30 PM she is in the first guest bedroom on the 4th Floor; 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM in the Laundry Room; 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM in the Supervisor's apartment)
- Give the BRACELET to Carla (+10 10:25 AM)
- Talk to Carla about her private life, the gala evening (under the "Things & Facts" item) and take the BANKNOTE (+10 10:35 AM)
- Go to the well, open the COVER and go down inside (+15 10:50 AM)
(Note the numbers on the indicators)
- Push the lever on the machine down. (Now the numbers are all the same)
- Press the button. There's an explosion (+10 11:00 AM)
- Go into the hole, into the cellar under Raul's house.
- Take the CUTTERS from on the sideboard
- Take the BRIEFCASE from out of the sideboard. It is Corona's Briefcase. The combination can be found on the back of Corona's banknote
- Use the Combination 4-17-30 on the briefcase (+15 11:15 AM) Look at the briefcase in first person, then left click on the briefcase for a close-up view. Right click to change the numbers.
- Take the CASSETTE from inside the briefcase
- Get out of the well (the Gardener sees you) and go to the aviary (+10 11:25 AM)
- USE the CUTTERS with the PADLOCK (+10 11:35 AM)
- Open the AVIARY DOOR and the dove flies away (+15 11:50 AM)
- Go to the Supervisor's Office
- Take the PHOTO of Jude and note the password behind it (September 7th '95) 9795
(Jude's wearing an interesting necklace)
- In a filing cabinet find an INVOICE with the safe combination number on it 12480
- Go to the entrance to the business area, use the photo password 9795 to open the door (+15 12:05 PM)
- Open the METAL BOX by pressing the red button
- Take the BAG of BLOOD (+5 12:10 PM)
- Take the SYRINGE from the drawer
- USE the SYRINGE with the nitric ACID (+5 12:15 PM)
- Go to the Supervisor's office and talk to him about "Stolen Organs"
- USE the PHOTO with the SUPERVISOR to prove that he had access to the room. (+15 12:30 PM)
- Go to the main bathrooms on the ground floor near the dining room
- USE the SYRINGE with the sulphuric ACID that you find in a bottle in the cupboard. You now have a mixture of acids. (+10 12:40 PM)
- USE the KEY on the old DOOR and go into the corridor (this is the Old Wing)
- Open the door on your right
- Note that behind the dresser a painting has fallen to the ground
- Take the painting and look at it (The statue with the bracelet has 3 coins, the one without a bracelet has 2 coins!) (+10 12:50 PM)
- Go to the old wing corridor again, go up the stairs and into the first door on the right.
- Open the showcase on the wall to the left of the desk
- In the showcase there's a PORTRAIT of Anna with three CHESS PIECES in her hand. Note the order of the chess pieces from left to right (Black Bishop, White Knight, Black Castle)
- Also note that Anna is wearing an interesting necklace (+10 1:00 PM)
- Take the CYLINDER from the bottom of the showcase and USE it with the PHONOGRAPH on the table
- Use the PHONOGRAPH
- Go to the Mausoleum. Look at the painting outside to find out where on the chessboard Anna's three pieces go. Black bishop, white knight, black castle.
- Inside the mausoleum press the corresponding squares on the CHESS BOARD in the right order (row,column): 3,3 7,4 1,5 (+20 1:20 PM)
- Go back to the Old Wing and into the corridor where there's a CLOCK with two faces
- Move the hands to the times shown on the PARCHMENT, 8:55 and 7:10. The parchment that you got when you solved the chess puzzle. A passage opens (+15 1:35 PM)
- Take the PARCHMENT, read the DIARY on the altar. (Only Victoria can read the diary because it's written in Latin) (+20 1:55 PM)
- Use the bag (he takes Krenn's Diary) (+20 2:15 PM)
- Use the bag again (he takes the PHOTOGRAPHIC PLATES, the MOLD and the PHIALS)
- Go into the bathrooms in the business area and then into the sauna
- Take the bag of INCENSE CRYSTALS in the burner
- Go to the gym
- Take the BATTERIES from the cycle battery compartment
- Go to the Board Room/ Meeting Room
- In the central part of the bookcase take the WALKMAN
- USE the BATTERIES with WALKMAN (+5 2:20 PM)
- USE the CASSETTE with WALKMAN
- USE the WALKMAN to hear the cassette (+10 2:30 PM)
- USE the PHONE with WALKMAN (+5 2:35 PM) Left click on the word Telephone in your inventory to show a picture of your PDA. Right click on the picture of the PDA to get a plus sign with your cursor. Then right click that cursor on the Walkman. Click on the Process button at the bottom left to get the CIA Code.
- Go to the swimming pool
- Take the BOOK that Jude left behind on the chair
- Open the BOOK and click on the PAMPHLET (+10 2:45 PM)
- Go to the garage and USE the KEYS with the DOOR
- USE the ACID MIXTURE on the LOCK of the Multinational van (+10 2:55 PM)
- Right click on the Sack
- USE the MODEM LEAD with the TELEPHONE in your inventory (+20 3:15 PM)
- Enter the CIA Code that was deciphered from the Cassette by the PDA then click on OK. CIA Code is 231074
- Do a search for the case ARL 1998. Click on the button at the bottom right that says Search, then under the words Find by click on the tab that says Subject and then type in ARL where it says Case name and 1998 where it says Year and finally click on Search.
- Go to the kitchen
- USE PHIAL B (blue) with the MICROWAVE. Heat it to 70 degrees (+10 3:25 PM) The microwave is located under the work area with the yellow liquid in it. First right click on the microwave door to open it, then place Phial B inside the microwave and then right click on the microwave door to close it. Now right click on the buttons on left side of the microwave to get a close-up view, then right click the left button (the on/off button), then right click on the buttons again for the close-up view and set the temperature to 70 degrees.
- USE PHIAL A (red) with the FRIDGE. Cool it to - 25 degrees (+10 3:35 PM) Right click on the controls for a close-up view and then change the temperature.
- Go outside
- Note the magpie's NEST in the big oak tree
- Push the plant stand under the tree (Darrel only)
- Find Henry's glasses in the nest (+15 3:50 PM)
- Give the caretaker his glasses (+10 4:00 PM)
- Take CHISEL
- Go to the bar/ ballroom
- USE the PHOTOGRAPHIC PLATES with the SUPERVISOR (+15 4:15 PM)
- Go to Darrel/ Victoria's bedroom and out to the terrace
- From the COLUMN on the terrace, climb onto the clock tower using the CRACK in the wall.
- Find the broken plaster and USE the CHISEL with the PLASTER (+10 4:25 PM)
- Use the CLOCK KEY in the clock face that you find (+5 4:30 PM)
- Go to the passage. Go down the stairs that are located by the chest into the passage of the Catacombs, then (from here) bring Victoria to the same place.
- Go to the large stone slab in the passage
- Push the slab to open the passage She can't open it. Have Victoria pull the Lever located to her right while Darrell pushes on the slab to open another passage into the Crypt.
- Go into the crypt (+10 4:40 PM)
- Go up the stairs to the chapel.
- Leave the chapel by unbolting the double lock on the main door and going outside to the gardens
- Go to the courtyard behind the greenhouse (through the greenhouse)
- USE PHIALS A and B with the MOLD to create four medallions. (+10 4:50 PM)
- Go to the statue in the courtyard
- USE a MEDALLION with the LION'S MOUTH and a passage opens (RTV: Darrel goes down into the passage and finds himself in the labyrinth entrance)
- Take METAL OBJECT near Raul's body. Look at it (note the buttons above and below). (+10 5.00 PM)
- Save Your Game Here!
- Right click on the Door (Sand trap activated, Darrel calls Victoria for help)
- USE second MEDALLION with the LION'S MOUTH (Only Victoria) (+15 5:15 PM)
- This is a Timed Event, so in order to do this efficiently and within the time limit do the following:
- Hit the Spacebar as soon as the cursor reappears, then turn to face the lion (Right Arrow Key).
- Now hit the Tab key and Left Click on the word medallion, then Right Click on a medallion so that a + shows (means medallion is in her hand).
- Hit the Tab Key again and then Left Click the medallion into the lion's mouth.
- The sliding door opens and Darrel walks out and then he leaves. Victoria is left standing by the sandpit with flowers showing in the background.
- Enter the castle through the large doors by the swimming pool. Greta should show up and start scolding you. If she does not show up you have probably missed doing one of 2 things.
1. Did you pick up Jude's book that she left on the chair by the pool, open it and look at the pamphlet (right click on bookmark) that is inside the book (picture of a bleeding rose)? Have been told this can affect Greta's appearance- can't personally verify it.
2. Find Henry's (caretaker) eye glasses in the Magpie's Nest up in an Oak tree near the caretaker's house? You were supposed to give them to Henry earlier, but you may not be able to find him now. Greta should still show up and scold you anyway. (I know this can affect Greta's appearance.)
- Go into the dining room and USE the BLOOD with the ROSE on the tea tray (+15 5:30 PM)
- Go to the Andersons' apartment. (+15 5:45 PM) Anderson's apartment is located on the 2nd Floor, down the hall from the gym.
- Go back into the Andersons' apartment. (Jude's sleeping)
- Behind one of the paintings is a SAFE. Open it using the combination number : 1-2-4-8-0
- Take the GOLD COIN from the safe (+10 5:55 PM)
- Go to the first guest bedroom on the 4th floor
- Take the ENVELOPES from the desk
- Now go to old wing's upper corridor
- Go into the Church to reach the inside of the clock tower (go up the stairs to the alter, then go around behind the alter and take the stairs down to the crypt, from the crypt go into the passage of the catacombs and then take the stairs at the end of the passage that lead up into the clock tower)
- Open the TRAPDOOR on the floor, take out the BROKEN METAL DISC
- Open the machine on the wall and take the RING
- USE the COIN with the left scale
- USE the INCENSE with the right scale
- USE the ENVELOPE with the right scale (You now have one dose of incense)
- USE the INCENSE with the right scale
- USE the ENVELOPE with the right scale (it now has two doses and weighs the same as two coins)
- Now do the same with the other ENVELOPE
- Go into the crypt
- Use one ENVELOPE and the COIN with the STATUE wearing the bracelet
- Use one ENVELOPE with the other STATUE
- A niche opens in the altar when you've done this.
- Take the MAGNETIC PLATES which are inside (+15 6:10 PM)
- Go to the secret room in the Old Wing.
- Right click on the candlesticks
- Insert the two magnetic plates in the spaces under the candlesticks on the altar and the crystal rises. Take it (+15 6:25 PM)
- From the secret room go back to the corridor and into the watch collection room.
- Open the compartment in the back of the clock
- USE the spherical CRYSTAL (from the secret room) in the ROUND HOLE
- USE the rectangular CRYSTAL (from the mausoleum) in the RECTANGULAR HOLE
- USE the Jude's necklace in the SEMI CIRCULAR HOLE
- Turn the statue's head and watch the 'time projection' (+20 6:45 PM)
- Note the orientation of the 5 Hour Glasses on the trunk in the first scene of the time projection.
- Take the rectangular crystal which has become phosphorescent.
- Go back to the clock tower to open the TRUNK. Insert the crystal in the hole and duplicate the position of the 5 hour glasses as had been seen in the time projection. Place the white part of the hour glasses in the following positions: (from left to right) NE, W, SE, SW, NW. (+15 7:00 PM)
- Take the REPLACEMENT PIECE and fit it into the trap door.
- Go to collect the PHOTOGRAPHS from the Supervisor's office. (+10 7:10 PM) When you get the 2 developed photographs from the supervisor, he will leave the office. One of the photographs is the plans for the machine in the clock tower.
- USE the PHOTO PROJECT with the SCANNER (+20 7:30 PM)
- Then right click on the computer.
- Next Left click on the preview button.
- Use the scanner to enlarge the middle part of the plan (the front of the machine).
- Now scan it. When you close the scanner a copy of the scan should get printed right away and end up in the inventory.
- USE the BRONZE RING with the CARETAKER
- USE the ENLARGEMENT with the CARETAKER (+20 7:50 PM)
- Go to the clock tower and USE the COG with the MACHINE (+10 8:00 PM)
- Pull the lever and go down the the second labyrinth entrance
- Using Raul's symbol, the METAL OBJECT, press the right combination of buttons above and below the two FACES on the door to open it. 2,4,5,6 up and 1,2,5 down (+15 8:15 PM)
- Go into the only open passage way and into the constellation room
- Change the CLOCK HANDS and the degree hand to represent the Horologium constellation (as seen in the planetarium 4 hr, 15 min, 41 degrees) using the three wooden LEVERS to the right of the clock (+15 20.30). This action opens the gates which were blocking the two other passages.
- Go back out into the corridor and into the left passageway. It's the Watchmaker's study (+10 8:40 PM)
- As soon as Darrel goes into this room Victoria calls him on the phone.
- Take the letter on the Watchmaker's desk.
- Take the OLD RECORD on the Watchmaker's desk. (+15 8:55 PM)
- Go outside USE the PADLOCK with the window of the Supervisor's office (+10 9:05 PM)
- Go to the greenhouse and out to the courtyard behind it. The Hunter will follow you.
- USE one of the remaining MEDALLIONS in the LION'S MOUTH to open the passage. Wait for the Hunter to arrive and fall into the sand trap. (+10 9:15 PM)
- Take the METAL STAR
- Use the METAL STAR with the CAVITY in the Machinery Room (+10 9:25 PM)
- Move the machinery using the indicators. The position is 2,7,4,11,9 (+15 9:40 PM)
- Go through the now opened passage
- Activate the machinery with the combination: 6,6,6,6,6 (+5 9:45 PM)
- Move the machinery using the indicators and go through it again
- Go to the Pendulum Chamber, Darrell gets caught (+10 9:55 PM)
Enjoy The Ending!
- Open the door (2,4,5,6 up and 1,2,5 down)
- Push the lever (+5 10:00 PM)
- Go to the Machinery Room and take the METAL STAR from the control panel
- Enter the passageway that Darrel entered earlier and go to the Pendulum Room doorway, but don't enter it.
- SAVE YOUR GAME HERE!
- Now enter the Pendulum Room. Victoria will hide behind a column
- Notice another doorway to Victoria's left with a trail of blood leading into it. This is where you want to go. But how? Krenn will kill you if he sees you.
- While Victoria is behind the first pillar, have her move one floor tile to her left so that Victoria will be able to see Krenn when in first person mode.
- Now use the first person view (Spacebar Key).
- Next have her turn to her left (Left Arrow Key) so that she is directly facing the doorway to the room that you want to enter.
- At this point hit the Caps Lock Key (for running mode).
- Next use the right arrow key so that you can watch Krenn. Notice that he turns in the same way every time. He looks in your direction and then towards the pendulum and then away from you so that you see his back and then back towards the pendulum and again back towards you.
- When he begins to turn away from Victoria and towards the pendulum turn to the doorway you want to enter (Left Arrow Key) and Right Click on the doorway. Victoria should run into the room and Krenn won't see or shoot her. With a little practice Victoria should be able to run into the room without getting shot.
- If this doesn't work, then write Mr. Bill for a saved game just after Victoria gets into the room.
- Right click on Duke's corpse to get the lighter
- In the room where Duke lies dead, use the MEDALLION with the LION'S MOUTH (+5 10:05 PM)
- Use the stairs
- Use lever (+15 10:20 PM)
- Go to the Watchmaker's laboratory and take a CANDLE
- Use the CANDLE with the BRAZIER
- Use the LIGHTER with the CANDLE
- Use the METAL STAR with the WAX
- Use the PHIALS with the WAX MOLD
- Take the NEW STAR from the wax mold (+5 10:25 PM)
- In the room where Duke lies dead, use the METAL STAR and the NEW STAR with the cavities (+5 10:30 PM)
- Read the PARCHMENT on the shelf
- Use the Blue, Green, and Yellow PHIALS (+10 10:40 PM)
- Right click on Krenn's body for his keys
- Use the KEYS with Darrel's HANDCUFFS (+10 10:50 PM)
Visit Mr. Bill's Adventureland for help with other games!
For comments, corrections or suggestions for this walkthrough, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This walkthrough may NOT be distributed without the written permission of Mr. Bill.
Portions Copyright © 2001 Trecision and 2002 Got Game Entertainment
Updated October 6, 2003
Copyright © June 16, 2002 Trecision, Got Game Entertainment
Mr. Bill's Adventureland
All Rights Reserved