Mr. Bill's Adventureland
by Ted Triggs
with additions or corrections by Mr. Bill in red
Produced by Dreamers Guild (1995)
Published by Turner Interactive
- Search beach thoroughly and pick up any items (important to get conveyor belt: looks like a towel & found to left of path through jungle). Enter ship & get crowbar & candlestick. Click crowbar on clamshell (to open clam the mouse click must be on exactly the right spot on the clam: very frustrating).
- Head up path to first village and click on door near where 2 children are standing. When you first come to a building, continue past it to the right and up the grassy hill until you see 2 children. You will pass their worried mother. Inside talk to (click on) old woman & get dinosaur ABC. Open it and use it to decipher all letters of the alphabet (write them down to translate messages later). You will now be able to click on people & dinos & understand them. Go back down the hill to the first door you passed earlier (Hatchery & Windmill) and talk to everyone. Give the conveyor belt to the Windmill Operator. Show everyone your sister's picture & be told to go to next town: Pumicetown. Talk to dinosaurs attached to carriage (they will mention a gramophone) and get transported to Pumicetown.
- Pumicetown - Play cards with dino in the fair booth (put an object in the offer box, eg. candlestick). If you win you get a metal item. Save before you play cards with Onno. You have to beat her twice in a row to get the metal item that you need (a hinge). Find stairway to smithy and melt metal item. Pour metal item into key mold, cool & get key (you will get verbal instructions if you forget to use
gloves, tongs, etc). Talk to everyone & show picture of your sister & you will be told to go to Waterfall City. Go back to Hatchery first via dino carriage & then walk to beach.
- Beach Again - click key on trunk to open it & get timepiece. Then back to carriage to go to Waterfall City.
- Waterfall City - You can waste a lot of time here wandering around, so look for areas where blue octagonal squares are part of the pavement (indicates a place you can enter). First find museum after meeting dino friend. It is across the bridge (S) and then far right. Talk to curator
& enter slide room. Clean slides & look at them in projector. Talk to curator again about the gramophone: he will mention a gear, a trumpet & a recording device. He gives you the base model.
Find building across bridge (N) you can enter. Dino outside window will sing a series of musical notes. Repeat first note on xylophone and then each additional note. Explanation: After you hear the music
teacher do the full tune, he will then (after each click on him) do a note, and
then add one note each time you click on him thereafter. When he does the
first note you repeat it correctly, then click on him again. Now he does 2
notes, and you repeat them correctly. You click on him a third time and he
does 3 notes, and you repeat them correctly, and so on until you click on him
the last time and he does 8 notes and you repeat them correctly. Number the xylophone pipes from 1 through 8 starting on the left and proceeding to the right. The correct sequence is: 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8. When you succeed you get the recording device & a nice fanfare on exiting the building. Head back across bridge (S) and then (W) to find glasshouse. Enter & talk to dino then water flower with can. Cut large trumpet flower with shears. Head back to carriage & go to Pumicetown.
- Pumicetown Again - Back to smithy & melt key. Then pour into gear mold, cool as before. Click on all components of gramophone: base, recording device, gear & trumpet. Give gramophone to dinos pulling carriage & a new location appears on the map: Old Ruins. Go there.
- Old Ruins - find big dino & talk to him. He will give you his insignia (looks like tusks) & ask you to find his nephew in the World Beneath. Enter ruins and find hole in wall near back & to the (E). Follow path to stairs going down. Enter. After walking underground, you come out on mountain plateau. Talk to woman & stand on carpet. Wait until flags stay still for just a moment (in downward position) & then walk off cliff. Never fear, if you have timed it right you will end up on the back of a flying dino (your next method of transportation). Fly to Savannah.
- Savannah - talk to dino at entrance to factory. Walk on metal paths inside factory or just slog across the muck to find entrance to machine room at rear near far left. Enter & pull levers to get the same sequence of musical notes as previously done at Waterfall City. You will head downwards & get a scroll. Exit factory. Fly to Treetown.
- Treetown - To save time, wander around & find Fireweed (near canal: approx. center). Then find moss on tree: it has a yellow cloud of bees on it. Go to next tree (in front) and click on sap collecting cup: sap pours out & cloud of bees moves from moss to cup. Now get moss. Climb ladder into tree and wander around (to the right) to find big dino. Talk to him & show him all pictures. He has a cough & sore throat. In front of him is a flask. Click on moss then on flask (now you can pick it up). Then click fireweed on flask: cough & sore throat medicine. Clicking the potion on the big dino then didn't work for me, but clicking it on my dino friend did (weird!!!). The big dino will give you a prism. (Note: to find out about the description & use of important items like the prism click them on your little dino friend). Exit & fly to Alpine.
- Alpine - It is not necessary, but you can go to the nearby hut and trade any unimportant item for a pick. Climb the mountain, but take care to cross the mountain slides by the ice bridges. Enter monastery and talk to monk. He will give you a red sunstone. Exit and for fun slide down the mountain. Fly to desert.
- Desert - Talk to old male dino at oasis or talk to the old female dino in the far NW of desert where there are buildings. She wants you to find the other dino & bring him home. Go to far SE to oasis to find him, and then he will follow you back NW. Enter building, climb ladder, go E, descend ladder to another beach. Examine sundial. Put prism on central column of stones. Now click scroll on you to read it & arrange central stones of sundial according to the scroll. Click also on SW and SE outer stones to light them. Decipher wording on scroll 'give your time to another'. Give timepiece from trunk to old dino and
suddenly a hole appears in the sundial. Descend ladder and enter submarine.
- Sub - remove old used sunstone and replace with new one from monk. Click on levers to right of sub: cutscene. Interface changes to arcade sequence now. Hold mouse button down and drag to descend in sub. Go to left of screen and follow underwater passages continuously to the (W), across several screens, as far as possible. May need to move fish, sharks & jellyfish with lever to far left (electricity), or next lever (smoke). Then ascend in sub (don't ever exit as you will find yourself back at sundial and will need to repeat sub sequence again) until you reach surface & a new temple. Move sub near open doorway & click on doorway. Cutscene follows with sister & dino's nephew in World Beneath.
- Then you click on one of two choices to return to the normal world or stay in Dinotopia. The latter seems the obvious choice leading to a final cutscene. That's it folks!!
Visit Mr. Bill's Adventureland for help with other games!
For corrections or suggestions of this walkthrough, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Ted Triggs
Portions Copyright © 1995 Dreamers Guild & Turner Interactive
Updated June 5, 2003
Mr. Bill's Adventureland
Copyright © June 2003
All Rights Reserved